These are the Terms of Service for using PkmnCards. You must read these terms and agree to them before creating a PkmnCards account or joining our chat rooms. If you do not agree with these terms, you may not register for PkmnCards, comment, or join our chat rooms.
We’re going to use some shorthand to make this easier to read: When we say “PkmnCards,” we mean the PkmnCards website and other related services. When we say “we” or “us” we mean PkmnCards. When we say “content,” “your content,” or “post,” we mean any information you submit or store on PkmnCards services, including account information, comments, and chat messages.
We may modify these terms at any time. We’ll try not to, but just know that we can change these terms at any time. If the changes are material, we’ll let you know by email or by posting a notice before the changes go into effect. The notice will designate a reasonable amount of time after which the new terms will go into effect for all users. If you don’t agree to the new terms, you may delete your account and stop using PkmnCards. If you do not delete your account or do not stop using PkmnCards within the the notice period, your content and use of the site will be subject to the new Terms of Service going forward.
You must follow these rules for acceptable use. These rules protect you and others on PkmnCards from disruptive and toxic behavior.
PkmnCards is for people ages 13 and up. You may not use PkmnCards if you are under 13 years of age.
PkmnCards is not for advertising, trades, or sales. PkmnCards is about playing the Pokémon TCG and discussing the Pokémon TCG. PkmnCards does not facilitate sales or trades between players.
- You may not use PkmnCards to sell, offer, advertise, or trade any products or services, including Pokémon cards
- You may not post content purely for the purpose of advertising your clan, guild, team, club, store, company, or enterprise
- You may not post political advertisements or political statements on PkmnCards
- You may not scrape PkmnCards or solicit information from PkmnCards users for the purposes of recruitment, head-hunting, or job boards
PkmnCards is not a platform for bigotry or harassment. PkmnCards strives to provide a welcoming community of people who collaborate on everything Pokémon TCG.
- You may not distribute anyone’s personal information or photograph without their consent
- You may not harass, abuse, threaten, or incite violence towards any individual or group
- You may not inflict unwelcome sexual attention or sexual advances on other users
- You may not disparage any group of people based on age, body size, disability, ethnicity, gender identity and expression, level of experience, nationality, personal appearance, race, religion, sexual identity, or sexual orientation
PkmnCards is “PG-13.” PkmnCards is not for mature content or mature discussions.
- You may not post excessively violent content or gore
- You may not post content showing exposed breasts, exposed genitalia, or body fluids
- You may not post content where the focus is sexual activity
- You may not post content where the focus is real-world guns, ammunition, or other weapons
- You may not post content where the focus is real-world drugs or controlled substances
- An exception is made to the above rules for blood, violence, and gore when the content is Pokémon TCG artwork
PkmnCards is not a platform for crime or deception.
- You may not host pirated or stolen content on PkmnCards
- You may only post content that you own, created, or have the license to use
- You may not use PkmnCards to offer counterfeit gaming materials or instruct others on how to create them
- You may not impersonate anyone on PkmnCards
- You may not use PkmnCards to distribute computer malware or to operate “command and control” tools
You may not interfere with PkmnCards’ operation.
- You may not attempt to gain access to another user’s account
- You may not attempt to disrupt or tamper with PkmnCards’ servers or services
- You may not place undue burden on PkmnCards through the use of automated means
One account per person and one account per team/company.
- You may at most operate one personal account on PkmnCards
- If you represent a particular company or team, you may create another professional account for your company or team, but only one
You will maintain ownership of your PkmnCards account. Your PkmnCards account belongs to you alone, and it is not shareable or transferable.
- You may not register a PkmnCards account with the intent to share access to it with other parties or make it intentionally insecure, open, or “generic”
- You may not sell, trade, or transfer ownership of your PkmnCards account to another party
Failure to comply has consequences. If you fail to adhere to these guidelines for acceptable use, we may (but do not have to) take any of the following actions:
- We may issue you a warning
- We may eject you from PkmnCards-owned chatrooms
- We may suspend or delete your account
- We may restrict your future access to our services
- We may report any illegal activities to your internet service provider or appropriate law enforcement authorities
PkmnCards is the final arbiter for these rules. PkmnCards may have to take actions or make decisions about acceptable behavior that lie outside of these guidelines to protect PkmnCards or other users. You agree that PkmnCards is the final arbiter of appropriate behavior on our services and we reserve the right to suspend anyone’s access to PkmnCards for any reason, at any time, with or without cause, and with or without notice.
You can report abuse to PkmnCards. You may confidentially report instances of abusive, harassing, or otherwise unacceptable behavior to PkmnCards by contacting us.
This section outlines how payments work for bonus features.
PkmnCards offers paid services. Subscribers are granted access to features only available to paying customers. The list of features and tiers are available at Patreon.com.
There are multiple ways to pay. You may opt to pay for services using a credit or debit card, when available. Your subscription may also be paid as part of a patronage or other related account on a third party website such as Patreon, when available. Such scenarios will be clearly communicated on your account settings.
Payment happens in advance. If you agree to a subscription price, it will be your price until your change or cancel your plan. By subscribing to a plan, you authorize PkmnCards to charge your card on file or check your patronage each month. Payments are made in advance (you pay for the next upcoming period of service). New customers will be charged immediately for their first month of service.
Payments are not refundable. If you cancel your subscription, downgrade your plan, delete your account, or have your access restricted for violating our rules, no partial refunds will be issued for any unused features or unused months of service. In order to treat everyone equally, no exceptions will be made to this policy.
Gratis accounts exist at PkmnCards’ pleasure. Your subscription may be provided for free by the PkmnCards team. This scenario will be clearly communicated on your account settings. Free accounts of this nature are provided for as long as we deem our relationship with you beneficial. We may cancel your gratis account subscription at any time for any reason.
We store payment information off-site. PkmnCards stores our patron information with Patreon.
You still own your content. You retain ownership of all content you post on PkmnCards. However, by posting your content, you grant PkmnCards a non-exclusive, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to access, use, and display your content. We use this license to operate PkmnCards services. We display and retransmit your content, and we may store it redundantly on computer hardware. This license ends when you delete the material or your account.
This section limits our obligations to you.
PkmnCards is provided “AS-IS.” We do our best to provide you a reliable and evolving service, but we may change, terminate, or restrict access to any aspect of PkmnCards, at any time, without notice.
PkmnCards is provided on an “AS-AVAILABLE” basis. While we will do our best to avoid it, PkmnCards may have downtime, outages, or periods of slow activity.
You use PkmnCards at your own risk. You agree that PkmnCards does not owe you any compensation for site outages, software bugs, inconveniences, or our failure to live up to any statement in this document. You further agree that you will not hold us liable for any losses, whether those be personal, financial, data, or competitive, arising from your use of PkmnCards.
Price data is for informational purposes only. PkmnCards may include information about the price of third-party products or cards. Absolutely no guarantees are made for this information. See stores for final prices.
Card legality is provided for informational purposes only. PkmnCards may include information about the tournament legality of cards. Absolutely no guarantees are made for this information. Please contact a Pokémon Professor or open a support ticket on Pokemon.com for help with evaluating your deck for sanctioned events.
If you have questions or concerns about these terms, please contact us.
- 24 Oct ’18: Terms of Service first created. (Adapted from Scryfall’s Terms of Service.)